Component – Opener Pin
Our Opener Pins have been intentionally designed, tested, and manufactured to open Pico-Cylinder Breakaway Septum – reliably releasing the gas out of the cylinder and simplifying downstream manufacturing processes and quality checks.
Unobstructed Gas Release
A key feature of the Opener Pin and Pico-Cylinder system is that the Opener Pin diameter is smaller than the Pico-Cylinder septum, which ensures a rapid and unobstructed release of gas.
Our Opener Pins work in conjunction with our proprietary and patented breakaway septum technology to eliminate the need for expensive puncture pins that are hardened and sharp. This combination improves the safety, quality, and reliability of the entire device.
Gas Powered Breakaway Septum
- Medical grade stainless steel
- Heat Treated for hardness
- High volume manufacturing processes
- 100% in-process inspection
- Anti-nesting features for automated bowl feeding
- Tip technology designed to consistently open Pico-cylinder Breakaway Septum
- Consistent opening forces for Pico-cylinders
- Bevel tip
- Annular gap to allow for rapid gas release
- Hollow tip design for enhance gas egress
- Bevel tip
- Conical tip
- Straight body
- Stepped body
- Solid Body
- Hollow Body
- Multiple lengths
- Mounting geometries
- Tip Configuration
- Mounting features
- Additional features to support automated assembly
- ISO 13485:2016 Certified company
- Dedicated manufacturing operations with certified Class 8 Cleanroom
The Picocyl breakaway septum (left) compared to a traditional gas cylinder ductile puncture (right). The Pico-cylinder cap design eliminates the need for puncture pins with hardened and sharp tips.