Pico-Cylinder – Breakaway Septum
Pico-Cylinders with Breakaway Septums are the easiest to open on the planet. Our patented septum design is able to be opened consistently, even for life-saving applications where 99.999% reliability is needed.
Picocyl has developed a hermetically sealed cylinder and has proven its leak-free performance with Real Time Aging data exceeding 36 months. For a Pico-Cylinder to be released to customer, it must pass a rigorous multi-stage set of leak testing that has been developed to test products for minimum of 5-year shelf-life. This multi-stage testing regimen ensures that every Pico-Cylinder that leaves our manufacturing facility is leak-free.
Always looking to push the boundaries of quality further, Picocyl has developed a laser marking system that allows for the verification of the fill-mass for each Pico-Cylinder at any time throughout its lifespan. The laser-marking feature, human readable and QR machine readable, has been proven its legitimacy with Real Time Aging data exceeding 36 months to give you the ultimate confidence.
- Medical grade Stainless Steel
- Smooth, tight tolerance neck provides optional sealing surface
- High volume manufacturing processes
- Projection welding operation yields leak free, high reliability Cylinders
- Laser marking provides lot traceability and QR reading capability
- Consistently low (<80N) puncture forces and reliable
- Large annulus between Pico-Pin and Breakaway Septum diameter delivers
unobstructed gas release
- Burst pressure capabilities in excess of 50 MPa
- Smallest cylinders available on the market
- High reliability, quality and safety
- Stainless steel construction
- Patented septum technology ensures low force to pop the cap to release the gas
- Dynamic sealing surface to ensure released gas does not leak out of device
- Ability to fill with traditional and liquified gases including CO2, Ar/He and N2/He.
- Custom sizes available
- Any commercially available gas grades, from industrial to medical grade
- Gas blending
- Integrated mounting provisions i.e. tabs and flanges
- Laser marking to your requirements
- 700 µL
- 1.0 mL
- 4.5 mL
- ISO 13485:2016 Certified company
- Dedicated manufacturing operations with certified Class 8 Cleanroom
- Currently used in auto-injectors for the treatment of life-threatening conditions